- Operating the airship safely, effectively and efficiently to assure optimum utilization of the aircraft for favorable exposure of the Goodyear name.
- In concert with the Pilot-in-Charge, accomplishing public relations assignments by planning, organizing, directing, operating, maintaining and administering the airship operation, including airship, personnel, passenger safety and ground support equipment and obtaining maximum exposure of the company name.
- Commanding and assuming responsibility for the aircraft and functional operation during take-off, flight and landing when piloting alone.
- Assisting in forward planning of airship mission requirements with respect to travel accommodations (airports and motels) movement of the airship and ground support service vehicles and airship personnel.
- Assisting the Pilot-in-Charge in ensuring compliance with all company standard practice and policies, as well as FAA Regulations.
It sounds like a great job, and if you need more information go to www.goodyearblimp.com and check out the Goodyear Website. I just discovered it, via this job posting and have to say it's a really great site with lot's of background information and nice videos and images. It's worth a look even if you don't want to become an airship pilot.